Hilleberg Kaitum 2
829.00 € (+delivery costs)
The price includes VAT 24%
Delivery timeSome items are available in our stock. This products delivery time is immediately if it's in our stock. Else it's approximately 3 - 14 days from order. The reliability of the estimation is very good.
Detailed availabilityDetailed availability
Country of originEstonia
A remarkable, two door/two vestibule tent that offers maximum usable space and remarkable strength in an incredibly lightweight package.
The Kaitum is essentially the Ultralight version of our Keron, but with a bit more width and quite a bit less weight. Available in both two- and three-person models, it is ideal for trips where light weight is a higher priority than total strength, but where true all-season, all-weather capability is still a requirement, and where extra comfort is important. The secret of the Kaitum is its combination of our Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles – which keeps the weight to a minimum without sacrificing all-condition strength – and its two door/two vestibule design, which affords its tremendous degree of comfort and flexibility. The Kaitum’s Tunnel Tent design and ultra light weight make it ideal for mobile adventures, where you move your camp every day, and it is equally well-suited for both long and short adventures. Outstanding for use in protected terrain any time, the Kaitum is also easily stout enough to handle forays in exposed and/or above tree-line terrain in all but the worst conditions.
Because of its two door/two vestibule configuration and its ultralight materials and construction, the Kaitum provides a stunning balance of super light weight, high strength, and overall comfort.
Backpackers love its light weight and remarkable roominess, and both bicycle and paddle tourers greatly appreciate its low weight and the low-volume package the tent stuffs to. For the same reasons – and because of its all-season strength – the Kaitum has generated quite a following amongst winter campers, ski tourers, and climbers, as well. And taller users will find the Kaitum’s plentiful floor space, vertical entrances, and vertical walls a roomy pleasure.
- Our Tunnel design, with its single-opening, continuous pole sleeve construction and linked inner and outer tents makes the Kaitum quick and easy to set up.
- Ultralight materials – Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles – make for a supremely stable yet very lightweight tent.
- Pitching requires only four pegs, yet an additional 14 peg and guy line points provide a myriad of options for increasing stability. Remarkably strong Spectra guy lines are attached at two points to all poles sleeves on both sides of the tent, and have two line runners each to ensure optimal tension. Each vent also has a guy line with a line runner.
- The Kaitum has an impressively spacious interior, thanks to its generous width, full sitting height in the entire inner tent (and a bit more height in the middle of the tent), the two vertical inner tent entrances, and the tunnel design itself, which creates near-vertical side walls. The Kaitum’s length also makes it our best Ultralight tent for tall users.
- Two entrances and two vestibules afford tremendous convenience, flexibility and comfort. For instance, one vestibule can be designated for gear stowage, while the other can be used for food preparation or gear sorting.
- One entrance of the tent can always be situated out of the wind.
- The Kaitum’s ventilation system functions regardless of the weather conditions, since the inner tent fabric is highly breathable yet water repellent, and each end has a large vent, placed high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow. Each vent also has an adjustable snow-proof panel, which is accessible from inside the vestibule, and which is air permeable even when zipped up. In addition, both inner tent doors have full no-see-um mesh panels covered with equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panels.
- The entire front end of each vestibule can be rolled away for maximum viewing and superb warm-weather venting.
Inner tent measures: 220 x 140 x 100 cm
Inner tent area: 2.9 m²
Absids' area: 1.2 + 1.2 m²
Mimimum Weight: 2.5 kg
Poles: 1 x 305 cm ja 2 x 260 cm
Pegs: 18 kpl v-pegs
Hilleberg- Hilleberg: When we wrote the introduction to last year’s version, we were quite excited about all the positive things th... more
- Home page www.hilleberg.com
- All products of the brand
CommentsAdd your own comment